Rebel Desk is thrilled to have renowned fitness expert (and standing desk user!) Lisa Reed offer her simple steps to great posture.
As you head into another day at the office, you find yourself grimacing at the thought of sitting for the next 8 plus hours. Your back is in knots and your body is feeling like you’re contorting to the whims of the keyboard. To make an impact on your health, stand up for 10 minutes each hour or make the switch to a standing or treadmill desk!
Anytime you sit or stand for too long in one position, it wreaks havoc on your body. Adjusting your posture gives you may benefits like: relieving tension and stress, increasing your metabolism, boosting your concentration, realigning your spine & shoulders, trimming your waist line, preventing low back pain by keeping abdominals engaged, increasing your confidence, strengthening core, and correcting lower body imbalances.
8 Steps To Correct Your Posture
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Lean your entire body forward on the balls of your feet. Then bend your knees slightly.
3. Shift back until your weight is evenly distributed on your feet. You will feel a shift of weight to your legs.
4. Engage your abdominals below your navel. Do not hold your abs in, but tighten them instead.
5. Place your hands in line with the seam of your pants, palms facing in.
6. Shrug your shoulders straight up towards your ears.
7. After you shrug, point your thumbs out.
8. Bring your shoulders back down.
You should feel the difference immediately. Plus, you’ll look and feel even better!
Lisa & her Team of trainers can get you REEDiculously Fit in your home, or office!
For more info, contact Lisa! www.LISAREEDFITNESS.com